Blog Archive

Monday 4 June 2012

Natural Beauty

So I have been listening to the Jillian Mitchell pod cast for a while now and its not all about fitness! a couple of episodes ago she had her make up artist Paige Padgett on, and she talked about all the chemicals in our make up and skin care, scary stuff. like for example there id 4000 different chemicals just in fragrance!!

And at the moment I feel like I'm going through some sort of transformation or change, I not sure whats happening but I know its a good thing.
I want to be the best that I can be, that means I need to really start looking after my self, I want to go back to basics, less processed crap in my life and with Tommy working his new job where he'll be away 4 weeks and back one, its the perfect time for me to start this because I can walk straight past the biscuit aisle with out feeling guilty!

First thing I did was change to a more natural skincare, I was in Myer one day and had a chat to one of the girls about natural products and she recommended Therapy for my skincare and Nude by nature for my make up. Unfortunately Therapy is out of my price range at the moment, but the lovely lady said it always come up on some sort of special, so I'll be keeping an eye out for that!

But I was in Friendlies chemist the other day and I seen the Sukin range and I was running out on moisturiser, so ended up going home with a day and night (with free cleanser!) moisturiser for like $30 and it all natural so win win!! So I'll let you know how I'm going with that, and maybe I won't need therapy after all and lets face it who doesn't love a beauty bargain:-)



And it just so happened when I moved over here Crystal give me the Nude by nature basics foundation, bronzer and the finishing powder plus the brush. I left it sitting there because I wanted to use up my current stuff, but the other day I was cleaning up the bathroom and decided to dump all the stuff I have replaced.




I used the Nude make up when I went to my course last week and I loved it, it give lovey coverage and i loved the color of the foundation. I was worried about using powder as all I've ever used before is liquid stuff I'll have to post a pic the next time I do my make up!

No comments:

Post a Comment