Blog Archive

Monday 20 February 2012

brother cs6000i sewing machine


So before I left Ireland, I took a quilting class at Kilbora Quilt Shoppee, with the lovely Ann Marie. http://www.kilboraquiltshop.blogspot.com
Anne Marie is an amazing teacher, who loves gadgets which is always a good thing! She just moved into her new shop/studio before Christmas and has added more classes and stock to her business. And she also has quilting weekends/ holidays where you and your quilting buddy's can go and stay in her B'n'B  and quilt til your hearts content and hopefully have a finished masterpiece by the end of it!
So if your ever in Ireland around the Wexford area you should definitively call in to say hello!






look at all that wonderful fabric!

Anyway back to it! Im itching to start sewing again and I was looking up machine the other night, I want a machine that I can quilt and garment sew with, as I'd love to take a class in dressmaking while I'm here! I also don't want to spent a whole lot of money because if we move back to Ireland after the 2years, I'll probably be leaving the machine behind.

I'd love a Janome Memory craft, but simply cant afford it:(
Janome MC 6600

So I continued to look up more machines and came across the Brother CS6000I.





It comes with an extension table and walking foot which will save me money when I decide to quilt.
Im not sure if it can be got in Australia yet, ill have to wait til Thursday night when I can run into Spotlight after work and see if they stock it.
But I can get it on Amazon.com and get it shipped to Oz for 200 including delivery.


The reviews on the net are good, but don't know a whole lot about the brother machines. Any one have one of these machines? What do you think? Or does anyone have a reasonable priced machine that they love? Or that they hate and want to let people know to steer well clear of it?!!
Let me know what you think!

P.S if brother, Janome, Singer or any other manufactures happen to be reading this, I'd be happy to review any sewing machines!!:) 

3 comments:

  1. How to activate prime video? Most of the people think about that how to register prime video and what are the step plus factor about the price. So I suggest that prime video is a part of amazon prime and if you have an account of amazon prime that same account you can use for prime video. Visit - primevideo.com/mytv

    ReplyDelete